Sunday, May 16, 2010

La estrella del show (the star of the show)

The pumpkinhead's school had an end-of-the-year show last week. It was un espectáculo, with traditional costumes, dancing, songs, decorations, and snacks from several Spanish-speaking countries. Everyone had a great time, especially the kids. My little pumpkinhead was obviously having a blast being in front of a large audience.

She loved her vestido with its twirly skirt...


Bomba y Plena (de Puerto Rico)  The other little girls all wore white headscarves during this dance. When I asked her why hers was red, she said "Because I was the star of the show." Well, of course!


Joropo (de Venezuela)  Please pardon  the lady's head in the shot. She was enjoying the show so much she was practically dancing in her seat. I got both her and her husband's heads in several shots. I'll have to arrive earlier next time to score front row seats!

Somos el Mundo (We Are the World) 
All the kids were lined up side by side, but of course the Pumpkinhead had to break ranks and do her own thing.


























 An impromptu solo during the interview portion of the pageant, when the pumpkinhead just broke out in song en español, por supuesto!) instead of answering her question. Apparently her classmate doesn't appreciate the "melodic" tones of her voice. I love the two ladies behind the table, though. That's probably how I looked, too, llena de orgullo.

5 comments:

Lorus! said...

that's cute! - Maggie

Deb said...

Thanks, Mags. It was very cute!

mimi said...

Your pictures of Pumpkinhead are cute, but you know, Deb, the picture on this site I love the most is the one at the top of the site. That is the prettiest picture I have ever seen of Simone. She just sparkles or something in that picture. I LOVE IT!!!
love, mimi

Deb said...

Thanks, Mimi. I love that picture too. We were at the beach and went on a dolphin-watching cruise. It was a blast!

Deb said...

Thanks, Mimi. I love that picture too. We were at the beach and went on a dolphin-watching cruise. It was a blast!