Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Who's on first?... And don't call me Shirley!

My conversation with the Pumpkinhead while playing veterinarian this afternoon...

The scene: The patient, Choppy, has a splinter in his paw and has limped into the offices of Dr. Mommy (played by yours truly) and her competent assistant, Dr. Peggy Nurse, who is a nurse (played by Simone). The team gave Choppy a complete physical before taking a look at his splinter, then Dr. Mommy was abruptly called out of the room by something on the stove. Dr. Peggy Nurse enters with good news.

Pumpkinhead:  Dr. Mommy! Luckily, I got the splinter out of Choppy's paw!

Me:  Oh! Luckily, you got it out?!?

PH: No, I got it out. ME. I'm Dr. Peggy Nurse. You're Luckily.

Me: Oh! So you got the splinter out, Dr. Peggy Nurse?

PH: Yes!

Me: Good job. Finally, you got that splinter out.

PH: Who's Finally?


I don't know who's been showing my kid Abbott and Costello skits, but THANK YOU! But if you could hold off on showing her Airplane, I would appreciate it!

1 comment:

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

OK, Dr. Nurse. I think I'm cross-eyed after reading that bit. LOL!