Saturday, February 11, 2012

This Little Piggy...

...is a birthday/Valentine gift for Simone's teacher, who loves pigs. She (the pig, not the teacher) is currently sealed in a ziploc baggie because while I know Ms. I loves pigs, I'm not so sure how she feels about cat hair!
 

Here's a funny story about the time I made a crocheted pig for Simone's teacher... 

I was crocheting along while sitting in bed one night, all cozy and warm. When I got to the point where I needed to start adding stuffing, I conveniently found a small bag of fluff in the bottom of the bag where I store my crochet things. How lucky for me, right? Now I don't have to go digging around in a closet.

I started stuffing the pig's head, but found that the stuffing didn't pull apart as easily as I remembered from past crochet projects. Oh, well. I just used scissors to  cut off what I needed and went on. I stuffed the head and body, and when I was ready to attach the arms and legs, I reached for more stuffing to cut free. 

That's when I found this near the bottom of the bag of fluff...


Yes, that is a spider ring. 

And yes, the piggy is stuffed with Halloween decoration. You're welcome, Ms. I!!!

No comments: